- There are 2 spirit days this week.
- Thursday is Red Ribbon day where the kids can dress up in their favorite team's jersey as we are "teaming up" to say no to drugs.
- Friday is Orange and Black day. The fifth graders are collecting money to go towards the Boys and Girls club. The students can bring $1 and wear orange and black to help a great cause.
- Report cards will come home next week with Parent Teacher Conferences being next Tuesday through Thursday.
- The Veteran's Day Performance is November 9th. The students have all of the lyrics they will need for the performance. Please make sure they are practicing at home.
- Book Fair will be open next Monday through Friday. Mr. Casey will have the students create a wish list this week.
WOW! I am so very impressed by all the work the students put into their heritage projects. I have included a form below this post if you are interested in sharing your family/heritage recipe. I am so proud of all the students shared and learned. It was so impressive to hear all the students found out about their families and the family members of their classmates.
I postponed the unit 8 spelling test until this Wednesday as I neglected to publish the unit 8 words on the Spelling Corner page. We will then have a list that is sent home on Thursday with that test being given next Friday.
The students are mastering the skill of determining if a given product in a multiplication equation is reasonable. We will move on to multiplication skills for multiplying a one-digit number by a multi-digit number.
We continue to learn about our use of fossil fuels and how we can use alternative sources of energy in order to conserve fossil fuels. The assignment notebooks code for tonight is for the students to identify what they will be researching for the Living Green inquiry unit. I hope you all have a great night and I look forward to another great day of learning!