- Making sure to check the text for evidence when filling out the questions for Scholastic News articles. The purpose of these articles is to build background knowledge, give students the opportunity to read grade level informational texts, and to find evidence in the text when answering a question. Many students have been neglecting to use the text when answering questions and their grades are drastically lower than what they were last quarter. We practiced finding the answers in the text today to insure all students understood my expectations as they read.
- We will be checking our assigment notebooks at the end of the day to check what needs to go home and what we can finish tomorrow. Below is a key for filling out the assignment notebook:
- A circled assignment= to be taken home for homework if not completed
- An arrow= an assignment to be completed in class the next day
- A check by an assignment= an assignment that has been turned in
We started the next unit 3 in reading today. The students will be learning about the economy, geography, history and culture of the Atlantic States. If the students have visited any state that borders the Atlantic Ocean, they can bring pictures and/or artifacts that will be shared with the class.
We worked on our letters to soldiers and kids of soldiers today and took home cards to finish at home. The students will be presenting the letters on Thursday. I ask that the letters are back by Wednesday so I can get them in an envelope to present.
Wow! The students are rocking out multiplication. We will finish chapter 3 this week as it is a short chapter and then move on to gaining some prerequisite skills for division.
The students continue to study collisions and what happens with different scenarios when cars collide. The assignment notebook code for tonight is for the students to explain a trial they ran today with their colliding cars. I hope you all have a great night and I look forward to another great day of learning!