- I look forward to seeing you at Open House tonight. The first session will start at 6:00 PM and the second session will begin at 6:30 PM.
- Say Cheese! Picture Day is tomorrow.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! The Arrowhead Ice Cream Social is this Friday from 5:30-7:30. Devin and I look forward to seeing everybody!
- Purchase your Saturday Live tickets early to avoid lines and save time!
* Friday, September 18 - During the Ice Cream Social
* Wednesday, September 23 - 2:00-3:15 (in front of the school)
* Thursday, September 24 - 11:45-12:15 (early out, in front of the school)
* Friday, September 25 - 2:00-3:15 (in front of the school)
We are all getting accustomed to the structure of reading rotations. The students have done a great job of driving their own learning during our reading rotations. Students read and responded to an article related to celebrations in other cultures this week during their KidBlog rotation. During the time with me, students were guided in reading texts that expanded their knowledge in holidays from other cultures, languages, and performing arts. We will begin our inquiry projects tomorrow by starting to identify the components of our heritage we want to research.
Rounding Numbers-Daily Code
The students finished our lesson on rounding numbers today. After glancing at the assessments, the students have done a great job with rounding numbers. As the students finished their worksheets today, they had the opportunity to look up the height of tall monuments and landforms. The assignment notebook code is for the students to look up the height of a monument/landform of their choice and round the height to a place-value of their choice. An example would be the Eiffel Tower is 986 feet high and rounds to about 1,000 feet. I look forward to seeing everyone at Open House!