- Open House is this Thursday at 6:00 PM.
- Picture Day is this Friday.
- The Arrowhead Ice Cream Social is this Friday. Devin and I look forward to seeing everybody!
- Purchase your Saturday Live tickets early to avoid lines and save time!
- Thursday, September 17 - During the Open House
- Friday, September 18 - During the Ice Cream Social
- Wednesday, September 23 - 2:00-3:15 (in front of the school)
- Thursday, September 24 - 11:45-12:15 (early out, in front of the school)
- Friday, September 25 - 2:00-3:15 (in front of the school)
We had the opportunity to start our reading rotations today. The students were all very excited to start meeting in reading groups and working on their reading skills independently. Students will always need a book to read that is on their reading level. We will be using Accelerated Reader this year so that I can monitor what students are reading and how well they are comprehending what they are reading. The students will also have an article post to respond to on KidBlog and will practice the weekly comprehension focus using information attached to QR codes. I have also placed students into reading groups that will meet with me every day. We will spend time reading texts at students instructional level and discussing the group's understanding of what we read.
After I graded the place-value assignments from last week, I noticed students needed some review of understanding the value and writing a number in standard form after hearing the number in word form. After reviewing today, the students are doing much better and are ready to move onto rounding.
Testing finally worked! The students are rocking out the tests and we should all finish up tomorrow.
Paragraph Structure- Daily Code
I am so excited to see the writers all of our students will become by the end of the year. We reviewed the structure of a paragraph and how to identify the parts of a paragraph. The code for tonight is for the students to identify the structure of a paragraph. They should tell you that it starts with the title, then the topic sentence, key ideas, details, and finally a conclusion. I hope you all have a great night and I look forward to another great day of learning!