The assignment notebook code for tonight is for your student to tell you one fact they learned from either their heritage or the heritage of someone else.
- Next week we will be collecting Boxtops for Education. Their will be a competition to see if there are more Boxtops collected for the Bobcats or the Grizzlies.
- October 27th through the 31st will be Red Ribbon Week. This week is dedicated to showing pride in all students wanting to be drug, alcohol, and tobacco free.To celebrate the week, the students will have a dress up theme for each day. I ask that the dress up attire does not impede in learning; however, I do encourage students to enjoy each theme and have fun. The themes for each day are as follows:
- Monday 10/27: United We stand for a Drug Free Land! (wear red, white, and/or blue)
- Tuesday 10/28: Boot Out Drugs! (dress in western wear)
- Wednesday 10/29: Be a Hero, not a Zero! (dress like a superhero)
- Thursday 10/30: We Mustache You... Not to Do Drugs! (wear black and white)
- Friday 10/31: Follow Your Dreams, Don't Do Drugs (dress up in your favorite college team attire)
FAMILY FUN NIGHT UPDATE: It looks as though the Friday, October 24th works best for most families. The Corn Maze was what most people wanted to participate in. In researching pricing options, I found that Friday nights are the night the maze is haunted. I do not think a good haunting is what we need for the first Family Fun Night, so I am proposing to make our first outing be the afternoon of Saturday, October 25th. Please make a a comment below if you would like to come and how many you think would come. I am going to call The Maize at Grandpa's Farm to see what our pricing options might be. I would like to have an initial count in order to let the staff know how many might show up. I look forward to our first outing!
I hope you all enjoy this long weekend and I look forward to a great day of learning come Monday!